Not Another Review Blog!: Cosmos: Episode 1 review

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cosmos: Episode 1 review

Now I watch documentaries and stuff all the time. So I am not new whatsoever to documentaries, and lectures, etc. But for some reason I didn't jump at the chance to watch Cosmos as soon as it came out. I guess I was just busy, or just simply uninterested, but I heard so much hype about the show, both from fans of the show and the creationists who hate science and are upset that Cosmos doesn't mention their deity in it, that I HAD to watch at least one episode.

And holy shit >_> this show is magnificent! For everyone who has even the slightest love of science will love this show. The first episode talked about the history of our cosmos all the way to present day earth. If the timeline of the cosmos was compressed to the size of a calendar year, all of recorded human history would have taken place in the last minute, of the last day of the year.

The whole grand scale of the universe itself is mindboggling, as our earth is less significant in the grand scheme of things than 30C in homeopathy is significant in modern medicine. A single drop of medicine in an ocean of water is more significant than our little speck of dust in all the universe.

I will leave our the science for now, I am a science nerd, but I don't want to post all of my nerdiness into my review of Cosmos. The graphics of this series is simply astounding. We take glimpses of the entire universe and the more I watch, the more amazing it is. Sorry, I guess my love of science is making me a bit biased.

You can actually watch Cosmos for free if you want (lots of ads though, but meh) on their website. Make your own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment