Not Another Review Blog!: Howls Moving Castle Review

Monday, April 16, 2012

Howls Moving Castle Review




LOVED IT!

Just like in Kiki's Delivery Service, I was able to fit in quite nicely when the main character. A dress-wearing, depressive, young female who wants more out of life but can't get it. Falls in love with a (pretty hot) guy but does not think she is pretty enough to be able to have anyone like that attracted to her. Sounds like me so far... I would love for a storybook ending like this.

I really liked it, the humor, the fire, the story line, the magic, everything! The only things that puzzles me is at the end when she still has grey hair, I don't remember her spell being broken, even though in many cases she turns from old to young and young to old. But I thought that was mainly for clarity. I also don't understand the premise of the war, they don't seem to mention what exactly the war is for, except the fact that it is happening. All the bad guys are ugly, vile creatures, while all the good guys are very good looking, cliche, but not shocking.

I love romantic movies, and this one had me gasping, and sighing all the way through. I watched this once when I was young, but back then I was not all that interested in the romantic stuff. But if you are not a romantic person, than watch it for the explosions! As entire towns are being blown up, who knows how many dead, by gigantic warships equipped with missiles and flying. creepy, wizard, monster things. So you have the best of both worlds!

I would give this movie a 9 out of 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment