Not Another Review Blog!: Never Been Kissed Movie Review

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Never Been Kissed Movie Review







I just watched this movie today, and I loved it! I can really get into the shoes of the main character, socially inept 25 year old Josie Geller, newspaper editor for the Chicago Times. I myself am a socially inept, weird, bookworm, the only real noticeable difference is that she wanted to live a normal life, to be a popular kid at school, to fit in with everyone else, and I do not have such desires for popularity. I found it sad that the school bullies were that mean to her, calling her names and attacking her in school, and even more so when she goes back to her school  as a under-cover reporter, pretending to be a high school senior to get a scoop for her newspaper or she will get fired.

I am glad that I have never had to go through such copious amounts of school bullying when I went through high school. I guess it was mainly because I never cared enough. I like how she knows seemingly useless information and portrays that in real life, sounds an awful lot like me. I cal also connect with her on the basis that I too, am an aspiring writer, partial journalist.

Of course, there is a lot of cliche in this movie, you always get the man at the end, and schools always have those cliques. In fact, I cannot even point out the popular kids in the lunch room at my school if I was paid to do so, neither the cool kids, the band geeks, the football team, the cheerleaders, the geeks, etc. Everyone looks the same eating to me. Lets not forget that in order for her to succeed in life she has to start being more fashionable. Michelangelo never bathed, changed his clothing, or did anything else of the like and he is famous today!

I really liked this movie though, the stuck-up popular kids, the nerds, the nobodies, and always that one guy, the most popular guy in school (who never existed in my high school), who seems to have eyes only for you (of course, the one in the movie really was not that hot), and the one guy that isn't as hot, but is the better match for you. It has a lot of different aspects in it. I personally recommend this movie to whoever wants to watch it, It was made in 1999, so I guess you should be able to download it online. I give it a 10/10, I am a sucker for love stories and dramas.

1 comment:

  1. I also liked the movie, and I am the opposite of Julie. I always wanted to fit in, and be a part of the "in" crowd. Josie Geller touched my heart in this movie, because she was so introverted, and becomes very extroverted toward the end of the movie. Yes, it is your typical love story, where she gets the guy at the end!

    Love this movie!

    ReplyDelete