Not Another Review Blog!: I watched Kiki-s Delivery Service! (review)

Saturday, July 16, 2011

I watched Kiki-s Delivery Service! (review)



I have not watched that movie in such a long time. I was finally about to watch it again tonight. I love that movie so much, that it actually help define me as a person. the last time I watched it was when I was 9 or 10, and I watched it before when I was much younger, you know, back when they actually showed good cartoons on channels such as Cartoon Network and Disney?

I loved this show before because it had a witch who tried to find herself in the world, and started her own business. I love it even more now because it has a artist with really good advice (find your motivation), and I am both a artist and someone who owns a small internet business selling crafts. The wise-cracking cat helps it all out alot. I can really fit in the shoes of Kiki, I mean, I could before, but I can more so now.

I can especially agree with the part about doing something you love, but losing interest in it once you do it for a living. I used to crochet things just to crochet things, or even draw things just to draw them, and they always turn out ugly, especially when I would crochet things and knit things just to put them in my online shop. But you have to find your motivation, WHY am I crocheting? WHY am I making art? and after awhile you find an answer. I noticed that I am more motivated to crochet or sew if I am doing so for the benefit of the environment, not just to gain money. I crochet with plarn and craft with other non-recyclable materials because then I can prevent what could easily replace conventional items such as yarn and fabric from being tossed in the trash. Plus it looks nice!

See, even an old cartoon movie such as that one can change or develop someones line of thinking. I do not think any of what I am doing now with crafting and selling would be happening if I did not watch Kiki's Delivery Service, or even read Harry Potter, the book that informed me of the art of knitting, and started this whole thing.

What inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment