Not Another Review Blog!: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus Review...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus Review...



I know, this one is a liitle bit LATE!!! But I am going to write a review about it anyways... I got to tell you all, that I have NOT beaten this entire game yet... I gave gotten to the Dog Track and am stuck...

Story: 10/10
I love the storyline. You are supposed to inherit a book of secret thief skills as a kid, but it is taken away before you are able to. So you become a thief who only steals from criminals and tries to reclaim his family heirloom book... Which is a very original storyline.

Gameplay: 10/10
You play as a thief raccoon, what more can I say? I LOVE it! But besides that, the game-play is pretty good, and the battles are short and sweet. I love sneaking around and breaking things!

Sound: 7/10
I really do not pay much attention to the sound, The battle music is great, and it really get you going for a fight. It does not last forever like a Pokemon game.


Mini-games: 2/10
I have beaten the second one before playing this one, and the mini games there were not nearly impossible to beat. The Dog Track is one of the main reasons for this. I bought this game for the sneaking around and stealing things, NOT to play a racing game, if I wanted a racing game, I would play Mario Kart Wii.

Controls: 9/10
They are very simple, perhaps too simple. there are no special combination of buttons to push for a secret move. Its always triangle for the techniques. As good as simple is, mix it up a bit!

Difficulty: 5/10
It is not a hard game at all until you get to the mini-games. Than its hard as hell! But outside of mini-games, It is very fun and easy to play.

Overall: 7/10

I would recommend this game to anyone, just be aware that the mini-games might get you to cry in frustration...

EDIT: 7/29/11

I have beat the game now, it is still the same. I do suggest that they have a way to skip the cutscenes and talk-scenes, because when you lose to a boss and have to start over, you have to listen to it all over again...

There is another racing part later on, you here comes the tears again...

I will still recoomend this game, you should really see the Japanese ending... well... japanese beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment