Not Another Review Blog!: Gamers Lose Touch with Reality?

Friday, September 28, 2012

Gamers Lose Touch with Reality?


http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/9856.html

I can see this as true, as the longer you spend in another reality, the more accustomed you get to it, and less accustomed you get to actual reality.

When I was little, I would play games fervently, even religiously, RPG games mostly.I would notice that the outside world (AKA, the trees outside my house) looked more unrealistic than Zelda, OoT did. Inquisitive as I was as a child, I guessed that the pixelated appearance and high graphics of the trees outside meant that I play too much videogames and accurately deduced that the video-game world was becoming my "true" reality.

Although, I personally don't see anything wrong with this unless it prevents you from living the life you want to have. As a gamer child, there was nothing else I desired to do. Now I write all the time about things.

But what do you think about this? Has this ever happened to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment