Not Another Review Blog!: My Thoughts: Atelier Iris 2

Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Thoughts: Atelier Iris 2



I am replaying this game after beating it one time beforehand. I love the gameplay and have become deeply infatuated with the storyline. It is one of those "boy and girl are in love, but boy has to leave and save the world while leaving the girl behind, but they stay connected through the power of magic" kind of storylines. Which is actually part of a short story I wrote a little about, but failed to finish.

I initially got hooked on this game through the premise of alchemy, which is something I am interested in as part of my imaginative fantasy world, right next to magic and fighting monsters, which both occur in this game. I also enjoyed it due to the nature of the game. I have always been a very picky gamer, but the games I did enjoy, I loved immensely.

I seem to enjoy games with little to no timeline, and this game is one of those kinds of games. There does not seem to be a very strong connection between the three that I have played, despite similar characters. it's similar to Zelda, or Final Fantasy, similar characters, but little to no actual connection between the games. So you can play the second first and not be confused. Although I personally believe that the second one is a prequel to the first one, namely because in the first one iris is dead, and in the second one she is a little girl. But I am not too sure about that.

I also love how you can switch between the girl and the guy character as the game progresses, and both have a completely different storyline and mission. There really isn't much that I don't like about this game, if anything at all. So I guess that's all I have to say about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment