Not Another Review Blog!: First Impressions: Atelier Merumu

Thursday, September 19, 2013

First Impressions: Atelier Merumu

Eh.

I have played it all the way up to the first save point and a little bit after, so I have not yet gotten a huge idea of this whole game. But.... the storyline sucks. Well, lets just say that the story line is highly cliche', the kind of thing you'd find in a children's storybook.

A young rebellious adventurous princess who wants to explore the world (No, not Nina) sneaks out of the castle to learn alchemy. The stonefaced castle secretary, and the emo muscular teenage palace guard are annoyed with you because of this. And all of the village NPC's know you by name and are very friendly. Along by your side is your lesbian highly loyal young maid servant who tries to keep you out of trouble.

The battle sequence isn't that bad, judging by the only battle I have been in. And the premise of using alchemy to help the kingdom grow isn't a bad one. But... still... Atelier Iris was much better in regards to having an epic and interesting storyline.

I am not too impressed so far, but I'll come back once I finished the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment