Not Another Review Blog!: Some of my Favorite Castlevania Bosses

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Some of my Favorite Castlevania Bosses

They do not forgive
They do not forget
Legion: This boss came as a big shock to me when I first started to play the Castlevania series. I guess I should have expected it, but hey, I was a noob! This boss is comprised of a central core surrounded by a giant shield of naked corpses. How cool is that!?

It's kinda like a zombie apocalypse when fighting this boss. It sends corpses out to kill you, either one by one, or in a giant horde. This boss isn't really hard though, all you do is hack at the bodies until the core is exposed and then just slice away at that. But I have to admit, it is pretty awesome.

HeadHunter(ess?): This boss brought back a little nostagia. It is based off of Princess Langwidere  from the book Ozma of Oz, or the movie Return to Oz.

In that book, a princess has the ability to change her head, instead of chaging her clothing. In the book, she actually decides that she wants to add Dorothy's head to her collection... which makes you wonder if she wanted Soma's head in the game.

Fake Trio: This was pretty cool when I saw it in SOTN. Duplicates of Simon and the others that you have to kill for no legitimate reason? Awesome! It's even more so because their sprites are still in the graphics of the previous game.

This was definitely a blast from the past, especially because the characters you are defeating are actually the main characters of the previous games.

I have only played a few of the games though, so if there are any more awesome bosses, I will definitely add them to this list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment