Not Another Review Blog!: Eternal Sonata Demo

Friday, March 14, 2014

Eternal Sonata Demo

Hiya everyone! Lucy back again with another review! This time, I am reviewing a demo!

Eternal Sonata is a pretty interesting game. I really have no clue what it is about from the Demo though. The demo only really showed the battle system and a couple of the characters. This demo is also only available on the 360, I have tried and failed to find it on the PS3, which is the system I plan to buy it for.

The battle system is pretty awesome. It is like a cross between Ys 's hack and slash battle system and Atelier Iris 2 's turn based battle system. Which makes it pretty fun. You basically run up to monsters and hack at them until you earned enough power to do a special attack, which takes about 8 stars, I believe.

You have encounters when you touch and enemy, and you also get gold and experience when you beat them. Leveling up seems pretty decent, even if your HP meter seems a bit too inflated.

All in all, if anything, I suggest that you try out this demo. It's on the 360. If anything, you may be able to find a let's play, but it feels much different when you have the controller in-hand.

2 comments:

  1. I bought Eternal Sonata on the Xbox when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago. I have not played much of yet, but the little I played was fun. The combat system is definitely unique compared to most other JPGs I have played, which I like. Even though the voice acting a little stiff at times, Johnny Yong Bosh (Trigun, Code Geass) plays a character in the game and he is great. If you already bought the game, you probably already know all of this by now though.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't played it as of yet, I got a job, so I have been pretty busy and unmotivated and have not yet beat any games as of yet. I need to though, but this game should be arriving soon enough. When I will get to play it, no clue.

      Delete