Not Another Review Blog!: Path of Exile: First Thoughts

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Path of Exile: First Thoughts

Path of Exile is a free to play game (in which you can buy stuff in it) that is actually pretty fun! You pick your character, which can be an archer, a thief, or a witch, etc, and you go through this land of exile. You are here for a specific crime you have committed, and you earn your rep on this island by destroying enemies that get steadily harder the farther you go.

I picked the witch, because I love magic and ranged attacks. She seems a little OP at the moment, and I am leveling up like it's no one's business. The one thing I don't like in this game. Is that your inventory is small. Oh, and you get to sell your armor for scraps of paper and orb shards. Fuck currency. So while you are adventuring, it is also most useless to even pick up items.

Also, your potions refill themselves as you fight enemies, and if you equip it, you also have a forcefield.  Ah, who the fuck needs to think while playing these kinds of games? Click ALL the time! No, really, all you really have to do is click the mouse, and if you need to heal, press 1. Everything else is basically pointless. Alt allows you to see all the items as they appear on the ground. Items you question why you are picking up in the first place, saying the shops don't sell anything of use.

It could just be my inexperience though. I am not all too far into the game. And although it's fun, I honestly don't know how much further I am going to play it. I recommend that you try it out though.  It's a lot better with a buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment