Not Another Review Blog!: Conchita Wurst

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Conchita Wurst

I wonder why I have never heard about her until now?

Conchita Wurst identifies as gender neutral, but prefers female pronouns. She has a very interesting appearance of a bearded lady, which she states is to help her get attention, and to preach tolerance and acceptance despite differences. The beard really grasps one's attention when combined with a very feminine, fashionable appearance. I think it is wonderful that she is actually able to be herself and not simply be killed off because of it, like in some other states, and yes, I am talking about you Africa and Saudi Arabia!

She is also not a bad singer. In fact, if you were just listening to her voice, she sounds exactly like a deep voiced female. Not just someone with a headvoice trying to sing in falsetto, she literally sounds like a female! Don't believe me? Hear for yourself!


She is not the only one who is cashing out through gender nonconformity in the music industry. In fact, singers such as Bell Nunita, Nick Pitera, and even Lady Gaga dressed up for awhile as a guy named Joe Calderone.

I think that this is a great thing that is happening though. Because gender is in no way, and will never be, binary. So showing that more and more in the most influential culture in the world, the music industry, shows that we are advancing as a whole. I like Conchita, and I believe that anybody who can look past her differences will either like her or be indifferent.

What do you think? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment