Not Another Review Blog!: Devil May Cry, Second Thoughts

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Devil May Cry, Second Thoughts

Still not a bad game, I have been playing it for over 3 hours of gameplay. The bosses are rather tricky, which is good, because I enjoy a good challenge. But one thing strikes at this game: Repetition.

Fight boss-like monster, obtain item. use item, releases boss-like monster, time limit! hurry up before it expires! The constant item to item with no real reasoning as of /why/ we are getting them, or how to know what the fuck we are doing, reminds me of the Zelda side quests. Item item exchanged for another, and another, then another. No true reasoning as of why, your only inkling of what to do comes from your prior investigation skills.

Aside from that, still enjoying the battle sequence. But I still can't say much for a storyline. I have yet to see one.

No comments:

Post a Comment