Not Another Review Blog!: Devil May Cry 4, First Thoughts

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Devil May Cry 4, First Thoughts

First off, I can't deny that Nero has a nice ass. Just had to put that out there, reverse sexism, I know. But it should be ok, I'm a girl, and girls are allowed to be sexist. (O.o)

But my first thoughts was that the beginning of the game has a LOT of cutscenes. I mean, I guess the Zelda mentality of showing you that a cutscene of a door unlocking or a barrier breaking because you probably otherwise would never have figured it out is made for gamers who otherwise don't know this shit already. But for every door, kinda annoying.

The onlyother true criticism so far, is that I don't really understand where he is going, and why he is going. And why he is taking the route he is taking to get there. But I am sure that'll clear up later on... right?

The battle sequence (once you actually get the hang of it) is pretty awesome! I love games where you can actually hack and slash at the bad guys. It gives the game more action, and causes my adrenaline to rush faster, thus making gameplay a LOT more enjoyable.

The powerups might take a little getting used to, but I am not fully knowledgable of all the games semantics and what best to get at what times. But afterwords, I am sure I'll do well.

I guess it'll be harder as the game progresses, I know I picked Human, but I expected for KAPOW from the baddies.

I won't deny that I haven't played the first three DMC games yet, but if this game stays this enjoyable, the other two will definitely be arriving in the mail (I already have the third one from Steam *thumbs up* ).

I'll let you know my full review when I am done playing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment